20 Ways to Make Money on the Internet
By Steve Gillman
At some point a few years ago, I decided that I liked the
idea of making money online. Now that I haven't needed a job
in many years, I like it even better. I make money on the internet
in several different ways, all of them carefully designed so
that I don't have to be at home to operate the business, so my
wife and I are free to travel or even to move when we wish.
There are perhaps hundreds of legitimate ways of making money
online. For example, I know someone who sells laminating machines
from a web site, another who sells surveillance cameras and equipment
online, and several people who sell ebooks (which I have been
doing for years). Below are some of the other possibilities:
1. Paid-subscription sites. These sites have limited public
content. To get the good stuff, a visitor has to subscribe. For
example, an internet business site might offer unlimited access
to its resources, including web site templates, sales letters,
and the latest news and techniques, for $10 per month. Build
up to a thousand subscribers and you'll be making some money.
2. Sell expertise. Many use a website to sell their offline
expertise. Whether a business consultant or a wilderness guide,
you can make more money with an online presence.
3. Sell a book. It easier than ever to sell your book without
a publisher. Set up a sales site and you can either promote it
free using articles, or pay for search traffic.
4. Sell downloadable ebooks and reports. No printing expense,
and no shipping. Buyers pay with credit cards and download their
purchases - even while you sleep.
5. Sell links. If you have good web sites, people will pay
to have links placed there. There are companies online that will
arrange the selling of these too.
6. Pay-per-click advertising revenue. This is one of the easiest
ways of making money on the internet. Paste that code into your
pages and start collecting for clicks. I liked this idea long
before I passed the $100 per day mark on my click revenue.
7. Sell handicrafts. Many people sell the things they make
online - everything from walking sticks to dog clothing.
8. Make affiliate sales without a web site. Although it has
become more difficult, you can still make commissions without
a website, by posting links for free in forums, articles, and
online classified ad services.
9. Sell pixels. Remember the man who sold a million pixels
on a web page, at a dollar each, to pay for college (and much
more)? Buyers advertised how they wanted with their 100 or 200-pixel
space. Then came the buy-a-word sites. Pay for a word to be linked
to wherever you like. What's next?
10. Sell affiliate products. When visitors to my backpacking
site click on the links there and buy a tent or a sleeping bag,
I get paid a 7% commission. This is affiliate marketing, but
it works in many other ways, and the commissions range as high
11. Sell downloadable CDs you make. For $100, you can get
the software to make "brainwave entrainment" CDs, and
then sell them online.
12. Sell simple reports. Know how to get a job at a casino,
or how to train a cat? Create a ten-page report and sell it online.
13. Design websites. Make your own look good if you want to
do this for money, of course.
14. Sell phone consultation. Know how to buy and sell real
estate, or make a profitable website? Sell consulting time online.
15. Sell articles. There are places online where you can post
your articles for sale, either with complete rights (for a higher
price), or sell them repeatedly for one-time non-exclusive use.
16. Write and distribute articles to promote a specific web
site, for a fee.
17. Create a free newsletter, and sell your own or affiliate
products in each issue.
18. Create and sell graphics. You can sell non-exclusive rights
to use them if you want repeat income.
19. Take your MLM business online. Multi-level marketing is
alive and well in the internet world.
20. Build mini-sites to promote one affiliate product. A one-to-five
page site to on fishing to sell a PDF fishing book that makes
you a $8 commission, for example. Put up ten such sites, and
make just three sales per day on each, and you'll have a gross
income of $7,200 per month.
Sell and ship products. Sell products that don't need to be
shipped. Sell advertising. Sell your expertise online. Sell your
offline services online. Sell other people's products. Sell your
own products. These are just some of the basic categories of
online business. Within each of these categories there are dozens
of ways of making money online. Why not get started?
Note: The online
profits section of everywaytomakemoney.com has more than
two dozen pages detailing various ways to make a living or make
extra income on the internet.